Friday, March 29, 2013

Ninja Halloween costume to night pajamas

This was my son's last year Halloween costume, which has now turned into his night pajamas. He still has the mask which was a part of the costume. He wanted to be Kai for Halloween and we didn't find anything close to his desire in stores, so we attempted to make make one. First I got a yard of red knit fabric from Joann and stitched a pajama(as I have done a lot before it was a piece of cake). Next for the shirt he didn't want the traditional ninjago suit, so we got red t shirt from Joann. He then designed the flames and placed them how and where he wanted and I appliqued them. With this project I learned how to applique using sewing machine. We even made a mask to go with the costume. I am glad that i am able to satisfy the desires of my kids which boosts my confidence levels up and let's me expand my horizon.

He was very happy to show off his costume to his friends. Now he uses it as pajamas. I am happy that I did not  break bank for the Halloween costume which they wear hardly for an hour or so.....next post my daughter's Halloween costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment