Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sundresses

I made sundresses for my daughter from  Joann's pre shirred fabric and used ruffle elastic for shoulder straps. I wanted something simple to make and not so time consuming(even though I love spending time on my sewing machine), this turned out to be a perfect project for that.

For this I got a yard of fabric and after washing it shrunk. My daughter's chest measurement is 23 inches, so I cut the fabric to 21 inches as I want it to be snug but not too tight. I stitched the sides and put it on her to see where the straps go, I used safety pins for securing the straps to dress as I didn't want to poke her with regular pins. I stitched the straps on and voila here is the pretty Minnie mouse dress. I added ruffle to increase the length.

No comments:

Post a Comment