Friday, April 25, 2014

Ariel princess dress tutorial


This was the costume my daughter wore for this Halloween, I am so happy how it turned out. 
My daughter has a very unique taste ... in pretty much everything,  and that's exactly what I really love  about her.
 
So for 2013 Halloween  when she requested to be princess Ariel, I thought it would a piece of cake...as I saw a princess dress for cheap in Target....but I was so wrong...she had this "vision" of the dress which was explained to me very clearly. It took us over 1 hour to get all the right fabric. Once she saw the finished product she couldn't wait to try it on.
I was very happy to see that she loves to show off her homemade clothes to her friends.

All my fabric came from Joann fabrics, I used tulle to add some puff on the sides which I stitched by hand as I wanted to convert this costume into party dress.

Of course I had to make a starfish necklace which completed the whole outfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment