Saturday, June 23, 2012

Time just flies by...

It has been quite a long time since I even visited my blog, I was quite busy,I was in sad zone as my friends moving, helped them a little with packing, finished the American dress for my dear friend's daughter(hope she enjoys it) I still have to upload the picture though which probably I will do it tomorrow.

While helping my friends packing I realized, knowingly or unknowingly we gather so much of stuff, which just takeover our lives and create so much of frustration for us.I mean how do our parents did it or our grandparents. As soon as I came home(I did come home with a lot of my friend's utensils,toys,etc.,)  I put everything on the floor and looked at them "what was I thinking? where am I going to find place to put all these things?", then I went to each and every room and found so many things that we haven't used in years ..they were just there. At that moment  I felt like a Hoarder..., that was it my mission of  "clutter removal"  started, even my kids volunteered to help.
 
so starting with my kitchen I removed the old utensils,toaster,plastic bottles and some other stuff that I didn't even remember.My son donated some of his toys that he outgrew and even my 3 year old was so generous to donate her toys (I am so proud of my kids) .We took a break from de-cluttering but we will resume on Monday and get on to the clothes section. I promised my self that I will continue clearing  until I am done with each and every section  of whole house.

Do you think we collect so many things  because we can afford them or is it just a comforting factor?  If it was because we can afford them, what are we proving and to whom and why?

As I tell my kids what my parents told me .. Be good to people, make friends and lots of them, help but don't expect anything in return, don't show off, and most of all make relationships with people not things....


with this I say good night hoping to return with some of my works....see you all tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment