Thursday, March 21, 2013

4th birthday dress..


I can't believe my daughter is already 4 years old. They grow up so fast .She still loves whatever I sew for her and wouldn't hesitate to show off. I don't know how many more years this will last...for now I am enjoying dressing her in "princess like " clothes.

So I started making her a beautiful dress for birthday, I designed it according to her taste. She really has a great taste in clothes (just like daddy :) ) and I love it. She is my inspiration to push my limits, challenge myself and learn something new. 

With her 3rd birthday dress I learned how to sew invisible zipper. With the new dress I learned how to sew button holes with  my sewing machine.I did mess up a little but not too bad(I think..).

The bodice of the dress was from  The Party Dress pattern. I have lining for both bodice and skirt. All the fabric were from remnant section of Joann . The skirt fabric has a pattern stitched,I just sewed in  some white beads and the flowers are also from Joann.For sash I was going for a grey sparkle fabric but she insisted on red. After trying the dress she kept saying "I just look like Princess Sofia" .I don't know what to say but it was very pretty and it's in her favorite color and loves it...that's all it matters...to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment