Monday, March 19, 2012

Birthday Dress

 My Daughter's 3rd birthday dress is my latest project which I finished on Feb 18th.She was so happy when she saw the finished dress. I am so glad I have a daughter. The pattern is from "the party dress" from www.thecottagehome.blogspot.com .I used a taffeta fabric for outer side and same in black for sash and for border on the bottom. I did lining for both bodice and the skirt part with cotton.
 I stitched  invisible zipper in the back instead of buttons as in the original pattern.Invisible zipper was very tricky and  took almost 1 week to figure out how to sew it on.But I did it ..yay :), now I know it is easy.
The sash was not too long an not too short. Thanks to the thecottagehome mom Lindsay, I was able to sew this beautiful party dress for my daughter .I hope you all like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment